Emerging Archival Scholars Program APPLICATION FORM
(Deadline April 3, 2017)
Name (Last, First, M.I.):
Current Mailing Address:
(For residents of the United States) Racial/Ethnic Background:
☐American Indian/Alaska Native
☐Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
☐Other (please specify)
(For all applicants): Are you a United States citizen? ☐ Yes ☐ No
If not, are you a lawful permanent resident? ☐ Yes ☐ No
(For residents of countries other than the United States):
Do you wish to be considered for possible scholarship or bursary support? ☐ Yes ☐ No
Applications will be considered only from undergraduate students who have completed their junior (penultimate) academic year, and students who have completed their first year of a Master’s degree program, but have not received a Master’s degree by the time AERI 2017 begins (July 2017).
Please choose one of the following that best describes what your academic standing will be by July 2016:
☐Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
☐Graduated and have not started a graduate/postgraduate degree program
☐Currently enrolled in a graduate/postgraduate program
☐Other (please explain):
Please list any college or university you have attend(ed), dates, current grade point average or academic standing, major/subject studied, and degree earned along with final GPA or grades/results:
College/University Name #1:
Degree Awarded (if relevant): GPA or other results:
College/University Name #2:
Major/subject: Dates Attended:
Degree Awarded (if relevant): GPA or other grades/results:
College/University Name #3:
Major/subject: Dates Attended: Degree Awarded (if relevant): GPA or other grades/results:
How did you hear about the Emerging Archival Scholars Program?
A complete application includes the following:
- A resume or curriculum vitae (no more than 2 pages)
- A completed application form
- A personal statement (no more than 2 pages, single-space) that addresses all of the following questions
- What research interests might you like to pursue in graduate school, and why?
- What research or scholarly experience do you have in your field?
- How do you plan to use the degree that you are currently seeking?
- Brief statement about how your status meets EASP goals of addressing under-representation in the archival field
- Official transcripts of all academic courses completed at your current academic institution at the time of application
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty/academic staff members familiar with your work
NOTE: You are encouraged to notify those who will provide references for you immediately in order to allow ample time to receive letters and include them in the single packet of supporting documents.
Completed applications are due no later than April 3, 2017. Acceptance will be announced by April 17, 2017. Resumes/CVs, application forms, personal statements, and letters of recommendation should be submitted electronically to EASP@ou.edu.
Official transcripts should be postmarked by April 3, 2017 and mailed to the following address:
Dr. Kelvin White
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Oklahoma
401 W. Brooks, Bizzell Library, Room 120 Norman, OK 73019-6032
All information on this form is correct and complete to the best of my knowledge.