Below are the scheduled sessions for Virtual AERI 2021. Please note that each session will have its own registration procedure located in the individual event page. Click through to each event to register and receive the video conference (Zoom) information.
All times are displayed in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). To see the sessions in your local time, use the “Export Events” button at the bottom of this page to add events to your calendar.
- This event has passed.
Roundtable: Secret Recordkeeping Agents: Supporting Participatory and Radical Recordkeeping in Statutory Structures
July 12 @ 11:00 pm - July 13 @ 1:00 am UTC+0
ROUNDTABLE: Secret Recordkeeping Agents: Supporting participatory and radical recordkeeping in statutory structures
Register for this event here: https://forms.gle/rhcL7vV8BRqdAWH49
- Joanne Evans, Monash University
- Rebecka Sheffield
- Michaela Hart
We will provide accessibility guidelines for those presenting their stories using visual material.
Calling all archival and recordkeeping scholars investigating participatory recordkeeping problems and solutions in unexpected or unfamiliar places. Are you often the sole archival and recordkeeping voice at the table? Do you find yourself advocating for a range of stakeholder accountabilities, evidence and memory management needs to be factored into frameworks, processes and systems? Are you concerned with the impacts of digitization and datafication on government and community services? Do you believe that good recordkeeping must lie at the heart of citizen/person/human-centred services and that participatory archival minds must be part of their design?
Whether located in academia or practicing in the field, join us for a roundtable discussion and policy sprint aimed at developing a participatory recordkeeping research, education and advocacy agenda for public and community sector services.
- How do we bring critical and community archival mindsets to bear on the digital challenges of public and community sector recordkeeping?
- How do we address the imbalance of recordkeeping power between the citizen and the state?
- What role does recordkeeping need to play in protecting human rights, and upholding transparency and accountability as data-driven and algorithmic technologies transform public and community services?
- What are the recordkeeping frameworks and infrastructure to achieve that?
Will this session be recorded for the AERI2021 Youtube channel? No