Below are the scheduled sessions for Virtual AERI 2021. Please note that each session will have its own registration procedure located in the individual event page. Click through to each event to register and receive the video conference (Zoom) information.
All times are displayed in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). To see the sessions in your local time, use the “Export Events” button at the bottom of this page to add events to your calendar.
- This event has passed.
Panel: Archival Voices from the Caribbean
July 13 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm UTC+0
PANEL: Archival Voices from the Caribbean
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Stanley H. Griffin: co-convenor, University of the West Indies (Jamaica)
- Jeannette A. Bastian: co-convenor, Simmons University/UWI (Jamaica)
- Sparkle N. Ferreira – University of the West Indies (Trinidad)
- Sandra O. Stubbs – University of the West Indies (Jamaica)
- Janelle A. Duke – University of the West Indies (Trinidad)
- Norman Malcolm- University of the West Indies (Jamaica)
The four panelists, all students in the recently initiated MPhil/Ph.D. program in the Department of Library and Information Studies at the University of the West Indies (Mona, Jamaica), will give works-in-progress presentations from their ongoing dissertations. Their topics, centered around a variety of Caribbean expressions of memory, space and identity, include: “The role of records and the formation of a national identity in Trinidad”; “Twitter as documenter of Jamaican memory and social resistance”; “Caribbean library and archival spaces in the 21st. century”; and “Documenting the shared heritage and memory of the colonial sugar industry in Trinidad”.
Will this session be recorded for the AERI2021 Youtube channel? Yes